Staging Your Home Checklist
Pat Hensley | RE/Max United | 919-280-4567
Outside: The Power of Curb Appeal
• Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
• Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
• Sweep sidewalks, porch and driveway.
• Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
• Put all toys away.
• Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof shingles.
• Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave No Trace Clean everything!
Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards – everything.
De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home's appeal.
• Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
• Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish wood floors.
• Add fresh flowers or plants, but don't overdo it.
• Maximize your home's natural light by opening blinds and shades.
• Do a smell check and address any odors.
• Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
I can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of our Triangle area buyers.